Frog Frog

Whoa... Deja Vu

I knew I saw this already... then I noticed that it was submitted in January. At least I'm not crazy. I just think it's odd how this is on the frontpage only now.
Either way, I liked the music, it was a quirky animation, but other than that, there was nothing that really stood out. Cute, but meh. You've got a great style, though.

Snowbot Snowbot

Passion

This review was long since due, but I feel better now that it's out there.
There are truly amazing things that animators can do when they can incorporate music into their submissions that really go hand in hand. In the case with Snowbot, it really shows the work you've poured into this project and is reflected in the almost serene flow between the music and the images. From the dark and silent introduction, to his journey upwards, and to the comforting conclusion, Snowbot really excels in delivering an animation that can genuinely reveal emotions without saying a single word. This is something universal, something very down-to-earth, and something many animators strive to achieve.
Serious congrats, AKS9! Keep working on your animations and music! You've got a great thing going!

AKS9 responds:

thanks so much man, what an awesome review. it's nice to hear when animators say they notice the work you've put into a project. thanks alot for your words thefogerty! keep up your stuff too

RE5: Public Assembly RE5: Public Assembly

Keep it as is!

This video is just parodying the demo level of RE5, and shouldn't be changed in any way. It's just explaining that white people are just generally ignorant towards other races, and that we only understand, for the most part, the images and stereotypes projected by the media.
People need to realize that this submission is making fun of American male stereotypes moreso than blacks, those from the Middle East, or executioners with ridiculously huge axes. Seriously... that thing's monstrous lol

It's a Sign! It's a Sign!

Amazing Music!

I've got every Ren and Stimpy production track on my computer, and they're all amazing tunes."Willy Nilly" is definitely one of my favourites, and you did a great job with the animation. Backdrops were very well-crafted, and you have a good overall look to the characters and actions.
My only real quip is that the facial animations were a bit choppy sometimes, but I'm sure if you worked on it just a little bit more, you'd have it down pat.
For some reason, the opening sequence reminded me of the old-school Pac-Man animated series... lol
Keep it up!

Ukinojoe responds:

I actually downloaded the Ren and Stimpy production music while looking for the second song, where he falls in love. It wasn't in there and it took me like a month to find out what it was called (romeo and juliet fantasy overture)

$00pah NiN10Doh! $00pah NiN10Doh!

The Mother of all NG VG Parodies

Maybe it was just how well the scenes intertwined, or the smooth animation on everyone's part, but this collab is worth more then a mere 10, and should stay on the radar for the Flash Portal's best of all time so that any up-and-coming animators can witness this movie as a starting point for inspiration for future video game parodies. I mean it.
Zirbes' has got some serious talent going, even if it's all used on half-human/half-pokemon pinups. Slick movements going. If people don't understand the absurd humour you're trying to present, then they should be looking elsewhere besides Newgrounds for their Flash fix.
Smith's work on the Starfox skits were brilliantly drawn, shaded and animated, and deserves major kudos for bringing the characters to life so vividly. Definitely one of my favourite scenes in the collab. You've got a good thing going. Keep it up!
Jackson's also got my top spot. It's amazing how well these past two authors have perfectly emulated the original style of each charater, and added their own little touch. The art for the Kirby scenes were beautifully drawn, and need to be recognized. It just felt odd hearing Kirby speak, but otherwise, congrats! Seriously.
Ruocco's got a good thing going too, and I love the way the scene quickly converts from a clear-sky-happy-go-lucky setting to the worn-out battlefield as the joke progresses and takes a dark turn into something that only a Newgrounds animator could have whipped up.
Everyone in this collaboration should be congratulated as well. They all did their jobs amazingly, pushed their own limits, and succedded in bringing an instant classic to the Newgrounds portal. These animators, writers, and artists, as well as everyone who lent their voices to the project, really love what they do, and it's reflected in thier work.
My only quip is with Niosi's Excitebike scene. His tumble could've been made differently. That skit had a lot going for itself but fell short after the crash.
I'm not trying to be negative at all. Just an opinon, take it or leave it. If I've left some individuals out of the review, you've got some serious talent going as well. Work with it. I just wanted to congratulate the authors that I felt surpassed my own expectations for the project.
I know it's long, but I felt that a paragraph wouldn't have been enough to fully acknowledge the outstanding collaboration made by these authors. Keep it up! I'm looking forward to NiN10Doh! 64!

These Pancakes Are Tiny These Pancakes Are Tiny

She's probably getting a decent tip...

Excellent animation, brilliant use of colours, and voice-overs are well-done.
If there was one thing to improve, I'd say maybe draw out their verbal feud a little while longer, or have it carry out into the streets, on the car-ride home, etc... attracting more shocked and awed gazes from the people around them. I felt it was a bit on the short side.
You've got a great style to your animations, and I'm looking forward to your next opus!

PSA - Dead Hooker PSA - Dead Hooker

Hard work pays off...

Congrats, dude! Job well done... everything was well executed except for one little thing that could've really helped it.
If you had some old-school b+w or sepia film filters in it would've really made the grade (the Hamlisch doesn't go well with the full-colour animations. Stands out a bit too much).
Overall though, it turned out better than I imagined.
Keep working on those animations... I gotta see more, man!

DarkLabStudios responds:

hehe, thanks..
when i first tried compressing it, the program actually turned it b+w and lemme tell u, u need the color for the blood..

Cup o Democracy Cup o Democracy

Polished

Nice take on the American elections, and your backgrounds are very well constructed... very Spumco/Tartakovsky-esque. Well done!